Sunday, November 16, 2008

Things just got worse


As if things couldn't get worse. I was in a car accident a week or so ago now. It was the first snow fall and it was something totally stupid. Things happen I guess and I went through a stop sign. I hit a truck. We were both OK and the damages could have been worse but we were physically OK. Mentally not so good. We got the estimate on my car. Its $1,500.00 and still drivable. I now have traffic school to take. It took me over a week to drive again. On top of that day Ben and I were at work on Friday and get a call from the school that Devon had knocked all his front teeth out. So we both left to see what he had to take care of with him. The incident happened at 9:00 from West Bountiful to Lehi and when we finally picked him up it was 11:45. He felt bad, and didn't want any one to look at him. I looked at it and his front tooth was completely broken off and two next to it were chipped. I had called a local dentist and asked for an emergency visit. We had just gotten insurance on November 1st so that was a hidden blessing. So Devon and I spent 5 hours in the Dentist office while creating new teeth. The dentist was great, the office team was so good with him. He was pretty nervous. He had played with his mouth when they numbed it. He did very good and was glad it was finally over. He is now having to change his whole way of eating. Never being able to eat an apple or carrots. Nothing hard and everything soft. He is adapting well. After pictures will come later. We got busy.

No comments: