Friday, August 22, 2008

School Supplies




I don't know about you but can I just say that it was quite the challenge taking my teenage daughter to the store to get school supplies for Middle School. I had also taken my 1st grader Damon with me. She had to have the hippest, best looking Pink binder that didn't fit her paper work. Then she needed the best, coolest pens, and things she needed we couldn't find. This was just the start of the first day of classes. The next day were the other classes. For those who know me I HATE TO SHOP!!!! So this was not exciting for me. As we were checking out Damon was so helpful that he put things he wanted in the cart and helped put them on the counter to check out for me so when I unpacked the bags he had new erasers, new pencils, and needless to say his answer to me was "Well I needed my own school supplies also". Next time he will not go to be helpful. He was excited to take them to school. He mentioned to me that the best time of day at school is lunch. One because he is so hungry that he is starving and two because they get to eat in the cafeteria or buy food sense first grades are now in school all day. The little things that make life great.

No comments: